As part of Other Voices event, Clean Coasts programme shall host a family day at Ventry Community Centre, which is 10 minutes drive from Dingle where Other Voices is located.
The day will be a marine environment education day with a mixture of stands and workshops throughout the day.
Clean Coasts programme engages with community groups, business and schools encouraging and facilitating beach clean and marine education. Currently, we have over 600 Clean Coasts groups establish nationwide and run 3 national campaigns; #2minutebeachclean, Beat the Microbead and Think Before You Flush.
Clean Coasts has invited several partners and community members to join in the delivering of the event, these partners include BIM, Recreate, Explorers, Marei and Dingle Aquarium.
Title – Our Coasts, Our Voices
This title is suggested to link Clean Coasts and Other Voices – the idea of the event is to provide coastal education, community and individual engagement and celebration of our coast on the backdrop of the Other Voices event which would be clear from the title.The script from Clean Coasts Logo would be used for ‘Our Coasts’ and the script from ‘Other Voices’ would be used for ‘Our Voices’
Stand and Workshops
- Clean Coasts stand – which will inform on the Clean Coasts programme and provide information on marine litter. This stand will have an identification game.
- Think Before You Flush campaign – which will give information on the Think Before You Flush campaign and run interactive experiments to engage people with the message of the campaign.
- SEAI schools workshop stand – which will provide information on Climate Change and run interactive experiments relating to energy, energy consumption and climate change
- Love Your Coast Photography Winner Display – a display of winning images from South West Ireland
- Clean Coasts Beach Display – #2minutebeachclean – Beach will be set up in order, which will be used for photographs, filming and some games can be played in this area as well.
- Dingle Aquarium – Stand including displays of marine life
- Explorers – Stand is too be confirmed
- BIM – stand about fishing for litter project based in Dingle. BIM will also have some interactive displays and aims to have local fishermen help out at the stand.
- Marei – stand providing information on microplastics and solutions to single-use plastic.
Attendees will be encouraged to wander around stalls as they will be given quiz/treasure hunt as they enter the hall and all those who complete treasure hunt will be entered into a draw for small prizes.
- 11.30 – 12.00: Art workshop with ReCreate
- 11.30 – 12.00: Squid dissection with Dingle Oceanworld/MaraBeo
- 12.15 – 12.45: Drumming workshop (with a difference!)
- 13.00 – 13.30: Art workshop with ReCreate
- 13.00 – 13.30: Squid dissection with Dingle Dingle Oceanworld/MaraBeo
- 14.00 – 15.00: Underwater soundscape with Vincent Hyland
- 15.00 – 16.00: Cnuasach Trá with Billy Mag Fhloinn (exploring the coastal environment through story, song, art and drama)